Welcome to RCPS
Much of my practice is devoted to consultation work. Consulting is available for therapists and other mental health professionals, private practices, counseling/mental health organizations and agencies. Specialties include ethical and legal issues, practice and professional issues, distance therapy, an interjurisdictional (cross-state) practice. Please mail inquiries to [email protected].
Counseling: (Note: New counseling clients are not currently being accepted -- Jan. 2022)
Counseling and psychotherapy services are provided by Dr Terry Casey .
- Those in executive, leadership, or other roles with high levels of responsibility
- Behavioral health & counseling professionals
- anxiety-related issues including Generalized Anxiety , OCD , Panic Disorder & others (adolescents & adults), typically treated with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ( CBT )
- depression or other mood disorders (adults & adolescents); usually treated with CBT
- men's issues (transitions/adjustment, work, family, relationship, other)
Continuing Education Seminars and Speaking
I regularly conduct continuing education webinars and other trainings for counseling and mental health professionals through two sources: (1) Lipscomb University -- visit the Renaissance Counseling Facebook page for the next webinar or email [email protected] and (2) PESI - a national CE company -- go to PESI.com, click on ON-LINE LEARNING then search for "Terry Casey" under Live Video Webcasts and Digital Seminars .
Live webinar: Distance Therapy and Technology in Counseling: Ethical and Legal Essentials
Webinar, June 3, 2022, 8:30-11:45 a.m. (3 CE hrs.)
Recorded CE webinars:
1. Private Practice in 2021: Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues (3 CE hrs.)
(Recorded from live webinar Feb. 12, 2021)
2. Boundaries and Multiple Relationships: Ethical Challenges and Dilemmas (3 CE hrs.)
(Recorded from April 2021 live webinar)
3. Distance Therapy 2021: Keys to Ethical & Legal Practice (3 CE hrs.)
(Recorded from June 2021 live interactive webinar)
4. Suicide Care: From Theory to Treatment (3 CE hrs.)
(Recorded live Nov. 2021. Guest speaker Adam Graham, LPC/MHSP)
5. Preventing and Treating Murder-Suicide Risk: An Interpersonal Theory of Suicide Approach
(Recording from the live seminar on April 15, 2022; Speaker, Jennifer Lockman, Ph.D.)
For questions or further details email: [email protected]
Cost is $80 per person. You may pay through Venmo (@RCPS-Casey) is preferred. If necessary, you may mail a check (mailing address is below).
Once you have paid, please send us an email (mailto:[email protected]) so we will know to watch for a notification from Venmo regarding your payment. Also include in the email:
- The name of the individual who will be receiving CE credit. This is the name that will go on the CE certificate.
- Which webinar the payment is for:
(1) Private Practice in 2021: Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues
(2) Boundaries and Multiple Relationships: Ethical Challenges and Dilemmas
(3) Distance Therapy 2021: Keys to Ethical & Legal Practice
(4) Suicide Care: From Theory to Treatment
(5) Preventing and Treating Murder-Suicide Risk: An Interpersonal Theory of Suicide Approach
If you are paying by check, mail to: Terry Casey, RCPS Recorded Webinar, 1537 Bedford Common, Franklin, TN 37064. Be sure to include the title of the webinar you are purchasing and the name of the individual who will be receiving the CE credit.
Once we receive your payment and your email we will REPLY with (1) the YouTube link to the webinar recording, (2) a participant's PDF or Powerpoint of the webinar slides and (3) the evaluation form and post-test.
When you have completed the webinar, email the completed evaluation form and post-test (mailto:[email protected]) and, as long as you have scored at least 14/20, we will send you your certificate for 3.0 hours of continuing education credit. The certificate will indicate the date that we received the completed materials. You may retake the post-test if needed.
This webinar provides 3.0 CE hours through Lipscomb University’s CACREP-accredited M.S. program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, a pre-approved provider of continuing education for the following TN license types: LCSW, LMFT, LPC & LPC/MHSP, Licensed Psychologist & LPE/LSPE, LCPT & LDAC). Continuing education rules of the various licensing boards can change without notice and there may be temporary changes during the current COVID pandemic. Check with your licensing board to be sure about current requirements.
Additionally, consulting, continuing education seminars and other training services are available to counseling and mental health organizations, schools and universities and counseling and other behavioral health professionals in private practice. For more information about consulting and training services contact Dr. Casey at: r[email protected].
Training early career therapists is an important part of the mission of my practice. I provide individual/triadic (and sometimes group) supervision for mental health professionals who are pursuing licensure in Tennessee as LPC/MHSPs or Psychologist/HSPs. Contact Dr. Casey directly for details at [email protected].