Welcome to RCPS
Much of my practice is devoted to consultation work. Consulting is available for therapists and other mental health professionals, private practices, counseling/mental health organizations and agencies. Specialties include ethical and legal issues, practice and professional issues, distance therapy, an interjurisdictional (cross-state) practice. Please mail inquiries to [email protected].
Counseling: (Note: New counseling clients are not currently being accepted -- Jan. 2022)
Counseling and psychotherapy services are provided by Dr Terry Casey .
- Those in executive, leadership, or other roles with high levels of responsibility
- Behavioral health & counseling professionals
- anxiety-related issues including Generalized Anxiety , OCD , Panic Disorder & others (adolescents & adults), typically treated with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ( CBT )
- depression or other mood disorders (adults & adolescents); usually treated with CBT
- men's issues (transitions/adjustment, work, family, relationship, other)
Continuing Education Seminars and Speaking
Contact [email protected]
I regularly conduct continuing education webinars and other trainings for counseling and mental health professionals through two sources:
1. Lipscomb University -- visit the Renaissance Counseling Facebook page for the next webinar or email [email protected] and
2. PESI - a national CE company -- go to PESI.com, and . . .
(1) click on LIVE SEMINARS >> In-person Seminars >> search for "Terry Casey"
(2) click on ON-LINE LEARNING >> Live Video Webinars and/or Digital Seminars >> search for "Terry Casey"
November 14: In-person seminar: Advanced Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues for Counselors
November 14, 2022 at Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN (6 CE hrs.) Details & registration -- https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a...
NEED IN-PERSON CE HOURS? I will be conducting the following in-person seminars in Tennessee before the end of 2022.
Nov. 14 -- Advanced Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues for Counselors at Lipscomb Univ.*, 6 CE hrs. Details & registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a...
Dec. 1 -- Ethics of Digital Practice (PESI event) in Chattanooga, TN (6 CE hrs.) https://www.pesi.com/events/in...
Dec. 2 -- Ethics of Digital Practice (PESI event) in Knoxville, TN (6 CE hrs.) https://www.pesi.com/events/in...
Dec. 5 -- Ethics of Digital Practice (PESI event) in Nashville, TN (6 CE hrs.) https://www.pesi.com/events/in...
Recorded CE webinars:
1. NEW! Violence and Mental Health: Essentials for Professionals ( 3CE hrs.) Guest speaker: Adam Graham, M.S., LPC/MHSP
(Recorded from the live webinar on October 7, 2022)
2. Counseling with Minors: Essentials of Ethical and Legal Practice (3 CE hrs.)
(Recorded from the live webinar on August 12, 2022.)
3. Distance Therapy and Technology in Counseling: Ethical and Legal Essentials (3 CE hrs.)
(Recorded from the live webinar on June 3, 2022,)
4. Private Practice in 2021: Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues (3 CE hrs.)
(Recorded from live webinar Feb. 12, 2021.)
5. Boundaries and Multiple Relationships: Ethical Challenges and Dilemmas (3 CE hrs.)
(Recorded from April 2021 live webinar.)
6. Distance Therapy 2021: Keys to Ethical & Legal Practice (3 CE hrs.)
(Recorded from June 2021 live interactive webinar.)
7. Suicide Care: From Theory to Treatment (3 CE hrs.)
(Recorded live Nov. 2021. Guest speaker Adam Graham, LPC/MHSP)
8. Preventing and Treating Murder-Suicide Risk: An Interpersonal Theory of Suicide Approach (3 CE hrs.)
(Recording of the live in-person seminar on April 15, 2022. Guest speaker, Jennifer Lockman, Ph.D.)
For details and ordering information regarding any of the above listed webinars or to be added to the email list, email: [email protected]
Ordering -- general information
Cost is $80 for each recorded webinar per person/CE certificate. Payment through Venmo (@RCPS-Casey) is preferred. If necessary, you may mail a check (mailing address is below).
Once you have paid, please send us an email (mailto:[email protected]) so we will know to watch for a notification from Venmo regarding your payment. Also include in the email:
- The name of the individual who will be receiving CE credit. This is the name that will go on the CE certificate.
- The title of the webinar that you wish to purchase.
If you are paying by check, mail to: Terry Casey, RCPS Recorded Webinar, 1537 Bedford Common, Franklin, TN 37064. Be sure to include the title of the webinar you are purchasing and the name of the individual who will be receiving the CE credit.
Once we receive your payment and your email we will REPLY with (1) the link to the webinar recording, (2) a participant's PDF of the webinar slides and any other webinar materials, and (3) the evaluation form and CE quiz.
When you have completed the webinar, email the completed evaluation form and CE quiz (mailto:[email protected]) and, as long as you have scored at least 14/20, we will send you your certificate for 3.0 hours of CE credit. The certificate will bear the date that we received the completed materials with a passing score on the quiz. You may retake the post-test if needed.
This webinar provides 3.0 CE hours through Lipscomb University’s CACREP-accredited M.S. program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, a pre-approved provider of continuing education for the following TN license types: LCSW, LMFT, LPC & LPC/MHSP, Licensed Psychologist & LPE/LSPE, LCPT & LDAC). Continuing education rules of the various licensing boards can change without notice and there may be temporary changes during the current COVID pandemic. Always check your current state licensing rules to be sure about current CE requirements.
Additionally, consulting, continuing education seminars and other training services are available to counseling and mental health organizations, schools and universities and counseling and other behavioral health professionals in private practice. For more information about consulting and training services contact Dr. Casey at: r[email protected].
Training early career therapists is an important part of the mission of my practice. I provide individual/triadic (and sometimes group) supervision for mental health professionals who are pursuing licensure in Tennessee as LPC/MHSPs or Psychologist/HSPs. Contact Dr. Casey directly for details at [email protected].